La casa della nuova IBU2 Full Option - Home of the new IBU 2 Full Option

Non sei connesso Connettiti o registrati

IBU2 first impression

Vedere l'argomento precedente Vedere l'argomento seguente Andare in basso  Messaggio [Pagina 1 di 1]

1 IBU2 first impression il Ven Giu 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Tankbear

Having just received my IBU2 I thought I share my initial thoughts on this product.

First up was dealing with Ivano, great communication kept me up to date with when the product was shipped etc. Even made a sound set up for my Abrams tank and emailed it to me.

Now I currently run quite a few different tank electronics in my tanks (RX18, Taigen, DBC3, RCTA RC2HL & Mako, Clark TK20) so I was interested on how this compared.

First up is installation.
As the IBU2 uses the base HL wiring setup it was very easy to put in any of my tanks, simple as unplug existing controller follow the instruction manual (emailed to me when I ordered, plus is included on the fitted micro SD card) to know which plug goes where. Installation takes less than 5 minutes.

Powering up
Before powering up you probably want to set a few perimeters for the tank, like tank weight, repair tank, battery type. To change all this you need to move the dip switches on the board. The instruction manual details this so I won’t go over it here.

Turn on the tank power switch and the headlights will flash, when you turn on your controller and it synchronises to the receiver the headlights come on solid and you good to go. If this is the first time on you may have to play around with reversing some of the channels to achieve the desired direction but once set your good to use your tank.

One thing you notice first is you cannot drive the tank, just get turret control, you need to start the engine before you can drive it. This is a bit different to other systems I have used but isn’t a bad thing if anything it’s more realistic.

Driving the tank you’ve the option of having momentum on or off which further adds realism and you get the usual proportional speed and turning. You still get the ability to spin the tank on the spot (Heng Long super spin) but it only do it very slowly so again more realistic.

I’ve not tested the IR system yet so can’t comment on that yet.

Sounds
Initially I tried the IBU2 in my HE Abrams tank with the stock 8ohm 0.5w speaker which did it’s best to spoil the sounds produced. I then put it in my KV1 with a 4ohm Visaton speaker and changed the sound profile to KV1. And wow what a difference the engine noise nice a deep and best sounding on the systems I run. On the KV1 sound set I did find that the engine noise was a lot loaded than the turret turn and gun elevation so I couldn’t hear them, but I’m sure the sound files could be tweaked to adjust them.
Other notes on the sounds are there is two different turret turn sounds, 1 manual operation when the engine is off and 2 is powered whilst the engine is running. Also two engine start up noises one for cold engine (it struggles to start) and warm engine.

So overall I’m very impressed with the IBU2 and looking forward to further testing it.

2 Re: IBU2 first impression il Ven Giu 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Tankbear

Heres a few videos

KV1

Abrams

3 Re: IBU2 first impression il Dom Giu 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Tankbear

Here's a picture of the IBU2 installed in my KV1

Here's a picture of me testing the drive of the tank. Pulling a log around the garden for a good 10 minutes.

4 Re: IBU2 first impression il Mer Lug 03, 2013 6:44 am

Admin Borealis

Admin
I love the picture with the log pulling Very Happy 

5 Re: IBU2 first impression il Mer Lug 03, 2013 7:54 am

Admin Scooter

Admin
Nice work Tankbear cheers cheers 

http://ibu2.forumattivo.com

6 Re: IBU2 first impression il Ven Lug 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Tankbear

Update

Well I’ve had the IBU2 for a week now so thought I give an update.

I’ve now had chance to check out the IR side of the system and again I’m impressed. The IBU2 has four weight type settings (the usual tamiya light, medium, heavy) plus a super light which is one hit and destroyed. You get the usual reduction of power with hits received which worked well on the tank I was using (Heavy KV1)

The IR range I got varied results depending on equipment used, ranging between 10 and 22m outside in daylight using HL & DBU receivers. I ran out of space at 22mm but I was getting constant hits at that range so I think the system is good for further still. I found the HL receiver I was using was only receiving hits at about half the distance of the DBU.

The sound effects are also customable for the IR system. The SD card comes with a choice of four different hit sound effects, tank destroyed again can be changed and the tank rebirth plays a little tune which again can be changed to another from the SD card or one of your own.

7 Re: IBU2 first impression il Ven Lug 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Admin Borealis

Admin
Thank you for testing the board. The IR range results are in line with our own testings: the hit range relies on the IR receiver at most, ranging from the stock HL receiver (range about 15 mt, depending on light conditions), through the DBU, up to the Tamiya and Impact BU's which can achieve 32+ mt range indoor.

8 Re: IBU2 first impression il Mar Lug 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Tankbear

Another update.

Over the weekend I was at a show with some fellow tank members so I really got chance to test the IBU2 in my heavy KV1 on a small grassy battlefield (10m x 10m) in baking heat.

And the IBU2 performed with out fault. The electronics stayed cool. And had great drive even on the grass with the limited power from the damage simulation. IR battling with the other tanks was great I managed to take out tanks at the far side of the battlefield in the bright sunlight.

9 Re: IBU2 first impression il Mer Lug 10, 2013 6:22 am

Admin Borealis

Admin
Nice battlefield and I really love that iron bridge!

10 Re: IBU2 first impression il Dom Ago 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Tankbear

Thought I upload a couple of videos of the IBU2 in the Abrams tank I've been converting recently.

11 Re: IBU2 first impression il Sab Ago 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Tankbear

Here's a quick video of the IBU2 installed in my HL Tiger 1. Using the standard HL IR setup and and IBU Hit ring. The recoil is currently disabled as for some reason the it was delaying the high tension flash unit. And yes the high tension is working but doesn't show on the video.

12 Re: IBU2 first impression il Ven Ago 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Tankbear

Quick installation video

13 Re: IBU2 first impression Oggi a 4:13 pm

Contenuto sponsorizzato

Vedere l'argomento precedente Vedere l'argomento seguente Tornare in alto  Messaggio [Pagina 1 di 1]

Permesso di questo forum: